Saturday, December 20, 2014

PURGE ALL THE THINGS!!!! all the things???

I slept 11 hours last night. It w as marvelous. I've been feeling run down lately between working, helping Sarah move, meeting friends, applying g to jobs....namely my current job is driving me bonkers.

Anyway, I didn't change out of PJs all day, BUT today I was highly productive. Just not in the areas I should've been--like laundry and job applications. I spent the whole day reviewing my CD collection for any CDs not burn, burning CDs I have an burn, sorting CDs into ones I wanted to keep, ones I wanted to give away to friends, and one just wanted to sell. I also spent the night making soap. Yes. Soap. I was gifted a soapmaking kit, and in an attempt to rid myself of all my all natural body craft supplies, I thought I should use it all up at once. Nearly everyone I know will be getting some sort of heart-shaped soap for Christmas.

Now it's nearly 1 AM, and I'm just lying down to sleep. I only made it through the M section of my cds, but I'm pretty far done with the sorting. Just a few more hours and then boom---off to see if I can sell any. All my mixed CDs and burned CDs are going to be regifted to my coworkers. And the kids at Alternatives. Though I'm not sure if majority of my CDs are explicit or Not. Whatever.

At this point a large portion of my apartment has been sorted. which means it's all laying on my floor. This makes it not so easy functioning within the apartment. The cats are freaking out bc they see the writing on the walls. They have moved enough to know. When I get back from my trip to Iowa and Indy, I'll take it all to places to donate.

Towels to the cat shelter
Art stuff to kids at Alternatives, office stuff to office at Alternatives
Glasses to a glasses store (maybe they can donate them)
Running Shoes to fleet feet. Surely they'd have some sort of drive.
Clothes to Howard Brown
Bits and bobs to Howard Brown
Someone will likely pick up the lingerie cabinet and desk when I get back next Sunday.
CDs, books, and videos to half price books

Relist earrings
For ebay:
List jewelry box
List ikea table

I'm starting to feel relieved to get rid of so much. Like a weight will be lifted. Once I get it all out of the apartment, of course. Right now I'm in the planning and sorting phase. The purging is coming soon. I'm so ducking psyched.

Last year when I went through another major reoccurring relapse, I spoke with multiple friends about how I want to get rid of everything I my own . It seemed a bitch rushed and not thought out . So I moved everything with me to this one bedroom apartment. Across the country to an apartment one fourth the size I live in now, I have to do some major reconsidering of the definition of "need" and "want."

I've never been good at letting go of things. I understand everything has a purpose, and throwing it out just makes me feel bad for the people who helped create or invent it. Like it somehow devalues their place in the world because I threw out some stupid pin or bit of glitter. Like I have to repurpose every last bit of something until its use has been used up

I still own far too many things, but the more seriously I can dwindle my wares over the next two weeks when I have time off, the less I'll have to pay to pack, load, and move across the country.

For once I feel like I'm taking things in the right direction!

Now, about what I'm gonna have to wear tomorrow....looks like I MAY have to do laundry sooner than I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment