Monday, November 24, 2014

Get up!

I can't seem to get up today. I've worked a bit over the weekend, but I just feel run ragged. The next week won't help either. Thanksgiving driving to and from Indiana (or taking the train if it snows because my back tires are bald), running a 5k with my brother and sister Thirsday morning in predicted sub-20-degree weather, eventually getting home to spend some downtime cleaning, purging, applying to jobs in Seattle. All I want to do is sleep and lie in my bed. 

This will be the first major holiday without Him. Not sure how to feel about it. Still a bit detached and unable to accept the reality of it. My friends have been so supportive. And so far, two out of three who have been interviewing have been offered jobs. I'm certain the last one will also. He's just waiting to hear. 

And I've barely even applied! I know I'm grieving and I know I should give myself grace, but it's time to pick myself up by my bootstraps and get moving. I need to focus. Focus. Focus. Focus. 

And that can only happen once I get out of bed. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment